A community-based camp located in remote Namibia, two backpackers and a mountain bike tour in the Greater Mapungubwe Transfrontier Area are among the organisations selected as finalists for the 2017 African Responsible Tourism Awards (sponsored by Wesgro and organised by Better Tourism Africa). But who will take the top spots?
With seven categories as well as the much-coveted ‘Overall Winner’ to be won, the competition has stepped up a notch for the finalists revealed today.
Following an intense debate on the Judging Day, held in Johannesburg on 7 April, the panel of 14 expert judges from across the industry shortlisted 13 organisations from across Africa – including Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, South Africa and Mozambique. The finalists are:
- All Out Africa @alloutafrica
- Blood Lions @Blood_Lions
- Coffee Shack Backpackers @CoffeeShackBP
- Wilderness Safaris Damaraland Camp @WeAreWilderness
- Ilha Blue Island Safaris @ilhablue.islandsafaris
- Isibindi Africa Lodges @IsibindiAfrica
- Maboneng Township Arts Experience @MabonengArts
- MTN Bushfire @bushfirefest
- Nedbank Tour de Tuli @WeAreWilderness
- Serena Hotels @serenahotels
- The Backpack @thebackpackcpt
- Uthando @UthandoSouthAfr
- Wildlife ACT @wildlifeact