The African Responsible Tourism Awards judging process is chaired by Harold Goodwin, Founder of the International Centre for Responsible Tourism. The judging draws on the expertise of carefully chosen professionals from throughout the tourism industry in Africa.
Confirmed judges for ARTA17:
- Prof. Harold Goodwin: Emeritus Professor Responsible Tourism at Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) and Founder of the International Centre for Responsible Tourism
- Adriaan Liebetrau: Sales and Marketing Manager, Sandton, Tsogo Sun
- Carol Weaving: Managing Director, Reed Exhibitions
- Dr. Glen Thompson: University of Stellenbosch and BulkSMS
- Heidi van der Watt: Managing Director, Better Tourism Africa
- Jacques Stoltz: Board of Trustees, Heritage Association of South Africa
- Yolan Friedmann: CEO, Endangered Wildlife Trust
- Meruschka Govender: Blogger, MzansiGirl
- Darryl Erasmus: Chief Quality Assurance Officer, South African Tourism.
- Shamilla Chettiar: Deputy Director-General of Policy and Knowledge-Services, National Department of Tourism
- Hannelie du Toit: Chief Operating Officer: South African Tourism Services Association (SATSA)
- Dawn Robertson: CEO, Constitution Hill
- Thiofhi waha Ravele: Business Development Support, Fair Trade Tourism
Read more about our judges by clicking through on their names.