A couple of weeks ago, we ran a #87litres twitter competition with our friends at Responsible Cape Town @respCPT and Cape Town Pass @CapeTownPass. To our delight, there were some pretty cool responses from all over South Africa. @FTTourism, @DiBrown5 and @CCHotel grabbed the three top spots. Check out their tweets below.
On Wednesday 6th December, our winners and #TravelChatSA founder, Patrycja Oosthuizen, @Travelopulent, will stop in at various places in Cape Town. Their mission is twofold. Firstly, to show that tourism players have taken many steps to #savewater. Second, and equally important, to provide tips on travellers can #savelikealocal and use less than #87litres per day.
The City of Cape Town has asked residents to use less than #87litres of water per person per day. With the tourism season upon us, the help of our visitors to save water is critical. So, we’ll be sharing how visitors may use the handy #87litres water calculator.
Here’s where our group of #87litres advocates will be going:
- Century City Hotel @CCHotel @WaldaMeyer
- Table Mountain Cableway @TableMountainCa @CapeTownBig7
- 12 Apostles Hotel @12_Apostles
- Radisson Red @RadissonREDcpt
- Groot Constantia @GrootConstantia @CapeTownBig7, guest starring Mike of Dongola House
Our winners will be travelling in a vehicle sponsored by @TheGreenCabSA team.
We’ll end the day at The BackPack, participating in the Water Wise Summer Holidays #TravelChatSA at 7pm.
Help us spread the #87litres awareness
Here’s three things you can do:
- Follow the #87litres and #WaterWiseTourismCT hashtags, like and retweet, especially on Wednesday 6 December.
- Share your ideas on how travellers can #savelikealocal
- Give a shout-out to #waterwise tourism businesses in South Africa. We know they’re out there!
Together, we can beat day zero! Every drop counts.